Videos form an important part of content marketing today. Embedding videos on websites is more the norm than an exception. However, videos are the ‘blackhole of the Internet’ as search engines usually do not index them.
Now, the logical question is – how do we make videos more SEO friendly?
Video SEO is all about providing the metadata from your video to search engines to improve the richness of search results. It not only improves your video’s presence on search engines, but also helps drive more traffic to your webpage.
Challenges with Video SEO today
Adding Video SEO data to your webpage is not as easy as doing it for text. For search engines like Google to crawl your videos, including your YouTube videos embedded on your webpage, you need to:
- Add videos in supported video encoding
- Add video sitemap or structured data like keywords, description, and transcript
- Add high-quality thumbnail to the video
- And much more…
In simpler terms, search engines don’t crawl your videos unless they are tagged manually.
VideoKen’s SEO tool for Videos
VideoKen makes it super-easy to transform your videos to be SEO friendly – fully automated.
Using our patented AI techniques, we identify keywords, phrases and topics from your video and add the metadata automatically to your webpage. This enables search engines like Google or Bing to crawl the video with its name, description, keywords, thumbnail, duration and transcript. All this without impacting your page load time.
Here’s an example of how the Video SEO works (and looks to a search engine).
We have supercharged our own demo video with the VideoKen SEO tool
Using Google’s structured data testing tool (used to check what gets indexed), here’s a ‘before’ and ‘after’ look at how the search engine crawler sees the video:
Before VideoKen: https://bit.ly/2kJcLU7
After VideoKen: http://bit.ly/2m6N2oP
So what are you waiting for? Get in touch with us to supercharge your videos and increase your website traffic by powering-up your SEO. Sign-up here to get started.
Check our webinar on 3 ways to make your website videos SEO friendly here.
Still not convinced? Check if your website videos are SEO friendly
- Pick a URL from your website which has one or more videos embedded in it.
- Go to Google Structured Data Testing Tool and input selected URL for testing.
- Do you see a ‘VideoObject’ on the right side? If not, your videos are not contributing towards the SEO.
- If you see a ‘VideoObject’, check if it contains all the right fields like ‘Keywords’, ‘Title’, ‘Description’, ‘Transcript’, ‘Duration’, ‘Thumbnail’, etc.
Get in touch with us, so we can help you!